Sunday 25 September 2022

Mainstream news and the lack of antiwar news being broadcasted

 I would say it seems mainstream news only likes to broadcast things they find important and want people to hear about. I will say this is the first time I’ve ever seen an antiwar website. I think the news only shows what they want to see. War has been a thing my entire life and for some, it seems to be a regular thing. Sadly, the war has been almost normalized as something that we hear about and are aware is happening all around the world. Maybe even something people couldn't picture a life without it. I will say I think the mainstream news sites should talk about antiwar and the idea of it to broaden the views of others. Going through these antiwar websites was very eye-opening. My entire life I’ve never heard and seen anything about antiwar. It was very fascinating to listen to what someone had to say about it. The websites were full of many information and ideas I didn't even know about. This website seemed to be full of many different facts and resources. The websites appeared to be very well thought out and descriptive. I truly believe big mainstream news tries to stay out of war drama to prevent big outcomes. For example, this could arise protests and more people against the war, maybe even some people not wanting to join the war. However, I do think mainstream news sites should talk about it and not gatekeep that opinion. Many people just want peace in this world, however, it's difficult to maintain that peace in America when there have been many wars all throughout the world. As much as the mainstream news includes almost everything going on in the world, there definitely is some propaganda being broadcasted. Either way there is much information on pro-war and antiwar in the world even when we don’t hear about it all. It was very eye-opening to read about a side of war that I’ve never been educated on. 




No comments:

Post a Comment